mTip is a nice and easy but fully-featured tip calculator and smart bill splitter.
Now iOS11 & iPhone X compatible with a new design
Splitting evenly the bill between several persons is sometimes just not enough. When someone takes an expensive drink and another skips a delicious but expensive dessert, you need more than just an even split. mTip provides a simple and attractive answer to make everybody happy without the need to ask for separate checks.
For countries like France where tip is included in the price, mTip becomes a powerful bill splitter (with tax = 0%).
• Now on iPhone X and iOS11!
• One new theme that replace our previous 2 themes: merging simplicity and control
• Smart splitting between guests.
• Gets the job done with a minimum of interaction.
• Three predefined and configurable levels of tips.
• Change the grand total, and the tip is recalculated.
• Change the guests' total, and the tip is recalculated.
• One touch to round up or down any value, including guests' total.
• One touch to quickly increment or decrement on any value.
• Smart keyboard changing on the fly the keys visibility to show only keys you need.
• The tip is calculated before tax (or after tax if tax = 0).
• International currency support.
• AppAdvice "ANYONE WHO ENJOYS DINING OUT." November 14, 2017.
• FindMySoft.com Rating "Excellent": "mTip is a very easy to use and properly good tip calculator and bill splitter with international currency support." July 4, 2011.
• AppReview.com Rating "Better": "mTip is a good tip calculator that is worth the dollar for also being a rough bill splitter."..."It cannot save but all other features are there." February 13, 2009.
• 59080.com "mTip is a tip electronic calculator with a good handful of settings which enables we to customize it to your personal preference." ... "Compared to many of a alternative tip calculators, we consider mTip unequivocally has a customizable settings which creates it improved than a rest." January 9, 2009
• AppStoreApps.com "Compared to most of the other tip calculators, I think mTip really has the customizable settings that makes it better than the rest." January 8, 2009.
• ifreeapps.wordpress.com 9/10. "Mtip is the kind of an app that saves you a head ace" ... "Conclusion: this app is the only thing you need whit you when you go out and eat something whit you’re friends, it does it’s job good and so it gets an 9 out of 10" October 15, 2008.
• iLounge In "The Best" section: "Possibly designed to look “retro,” we think mTip’s main interface will delight some and distract others; however, its functionality is solid." August 29, 2008.
• The New York Times August 14, 2008.
And some of our best reviews on the Apple Store
• by JYPaulos – Version 4.0.0 - Nov 10, 2017
Hooray! It's back. ★★★★★
I was so sad when I started getting messages that the app wouldn’t work with iOS 11. I tried 2-3 other tip calculators but really didn’t like any of them. So happy the iOS 11 version is here. Love the app.
• by bradhmn54 - Version 3.0.3 - Feb 22, 2012
• The best i ★★★★★
• Finally a tip application that is easy to use and yet rich with features. Highly recommended. One great feature is the ability to adjust the total being paid-- and it then recalculates the tip and the tip%. Important when paying by credit card and need the revised tip and total. In addition it allows varied tip based on service, calculates and tips on the pre-tax total. Splitting the bill with multiple parties is straightforwad and allows the total per person to be adjusted (example is when some order extra items such as wine).
• by TVMaestro - Version 2.1 - Feb 4, 2009
• One of the best tip app out! ★★★★★
• I've tried several, and I really think this is the best one out. You may think it doesn't have the best appearance, but it is quite fully-featured. You can easily tip before tax, and the stars feature allows you have three predefined tipping levels so you can vary your tip easily according to the service you received. All of the variables are visible on the main page, so there are no pages to flip through. You just select the different boxes, and enter your bill amount (subtotal or total), tip percentage, and splitting if you desire. Everything updates in real time. Also, rounding is VERY EASY. You can round either the tip or the total and it can be either up or down. Furthermore, the tip percentage UPDATES when you round, so you know exactly what percentage you're tipping. Splitting is a breeze, too. You can enter the total guests, and then turn it sideways to adjust the bill amounts if some people didn't drink or ate a more expensive meal. Great app!
• by App Sponge - Version 2.3 - Mar 16, 2009
• Straightforward to use ★★★★★
• I've tried several of the tip calculators. Some are nicer to look at, but none is easer to use than this one, at least for me. Once it's set up for preferred tip levels and sales tax, it only requires one entry - the bill total, where the cursor will be when you open the app if that was where it was when you closed it - and it all falls out instantly and automatically. There is no need even to hit a return key. I like the embedded keyboard and the fact that the keys are silent when tapped. Don't forget that you can turn your device sideways and find a screen that lets you adjust the bill for individuals who may have had more or less than others. In other words, you can split the bill evenly among individuals or make adjustments if you wish, a feature which is somewhat uncommon among the available tip calculators. The latest updates have improved the appearance and provided a font option, which are nice additions. This is the one I've kept.
• by iEinstein123456789 - Version 2.1 - Oct 5, 2008
• best tip tool around ★★★★★
• the new and improved version is the best out there! Gives user the most flexibility computing tips (with/without tax), enter before tax or after tax totals, SPLIT bills evenly or not between folks in party. Awesome tool.
Evolution of mTip
mTip v3.0 (2010), mTip v3.1 (2012)
mTip v2.4 (2010)
mTip v2.2 (2009), mTip v2.3 (2009)
mTip v2.1 (2008)
mTip v2.0 (2008)
mTip v1.0 (2008)